Monday, February 17, 2014

Monday's Missives





  • Once while watching the documentary series Hunter And Hunted about mankiller tigers in the Sunderbans region of India with my two youngest, Zac just killed me when sister commented on the crocodile shown in one scene, No, it's not about crocktadiles- it's about tigers. And he could not have had a more haughty, condescending tone about it had he tried.
  • People who survive catastrophes often report a history of avidly reading survivor accounts from previous disasters and this is considered a factor in their survival.
  • I watch I Survived every chance I get- maybe that will count for something. With the aid bag I carry in my vehicles I can treat at least four major life threatening wounds (or four people with a single serious wound etc.) plus fractures and gunshot wounds.
  • So, yeah- you want me as your buddy if the impending apocalypse occurs while we're carpooling.
  • I appreciate the flexibility of hospice but, get bummed when work gets hit or miss. Everybody needs a job they sorely miss when absent from their lives for whatever reason.
  • If the music of the 80s and 90s wasn't so great- why is it so pervasive? Even progressive alt/rock stations invariably play the hits from the early 90s frequently.
  • Prediction: 50 years from now they'll still be listening.

No comments: