Tuesday, February 11, 2014

It Is Only A Tuesday

  • Earlier I glanced at a news report about a man who after he, " suffered a head injury realized he had a unique skill it normally takes years to hone ! ". Impossible. Impossible but people swallow crap like that hook, line and sinker. Why would he lie?
  • People lie.
  • The new Kelty daypack is great- a wonderful investment I'm sure will last for years. Next up will be a cold weather bag- maybe a down filled if I can get it on sale.
  • I love sleeping bags and think of them as one of my favorite inventions. If we all thought practically and with comfort in mind we'd use them daily I suppose. My nursing buddy is going to buy one of my Army sleep systems ( another favorite invention). When clean and dressed properly they will keep you alive down to -20 ( at least ) and comfortable most of the way down that far. You can find them on C List as new for about 100 bucks.
  • We still haven't done truly primitive camping- launching out without a prepared campsite to the outback but it is tentatively on the list for this weekend.
  • Both of my young'uns are getting so smart and maybe best of all for the most part they are enjoying the journey.
  • It will be a sad day when camping with dad is no longer cool. Honestly, I don't think I'll take that well and continue trying to be super good when we are out to make it a pleasant experience.
  • If a  headline refers to a criminal as a "19 year old man" you can bet the offender is white, if he is black "youth" or "teenager" will get worked into the equation somehow.
  • If Wendy Davis were a Republican she would be walking the streets with a Wil Work for Fud sign by now and you know that is a natural fact.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't be so cynical. Some people lie, but most people are good.

Just today, this African prince tried to give me a million dollars.

In a world full of bad people, would something like that just fall into my lap?

an Donalbane said...

Kate - Obviously, Serendipity has your number!

Sounds to me like the Prince is probably looking for a way to "give back" to a deserving citizen of the nation that gave UNICEF & Peace Corps aid, Denver Bronco Super Bowl Champion t-shirts, and, not least - all of those fondue sets.