Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Wednesday's Digressions


My baby son Zac trying to be scary- "Ooooooooo, ahwoooooo- I'm a ghost!"


My toes- good grief, how long has that been there?




My middle, ginger haired offspring Chloe on crazy hair day. 




  • Everything you could ever need to know about that classic childhood rite of passage- plastic army men. Well made, inexpensive source for same along with plastic cowboys and Indians, astronauts and medieval period characters. Coolio- I know where my Christmas stocking money is going this year. A childhood jealousy that crosses my mind from time to time: a kid I was friends with in grade school had two grocery sacks (paper- of course) literally full of plastic army men. Although he really was my friend, inside I secretly hated him for this sign of obvious wealth and privilege.

  • Zac- get ready for some fun with tiny choking hazards!

  • I always misspell privilege.

  • Yes, even that time.

  • The recent lunar probe discovered water in a crater at the south pole. Don't get too excited, quit your job and sell your house and buy in to some scam property sale on spec. on our nearest celestial relative just yet though- it found about 48 gallons on the south pole- in a crater.

  • At no point in the article I read on the subject was critical thinking like this encouraged and that bugs me to no end. It's just slam dunk- let's spend a gazillion dollars (we don't have) on a totally unnecessary, nearly useless scientifically moon base and woosh, zoom, blast off and forget all our problems!

  • Anyway, how will we ever combat the Nazi SS units that you know went to the back side of the moon after the war on rocket ships and have been reproducing and developing their technologies for the past 70 years?

  • Answer that one- Mr. Smarty Pants NASA scientist man!

  • Chloe just found a millipede in the living room and brought it to me- very cool a big healthy looking one. He is being transported to his new home in the flowerbed as I write this. Good luck, our squiggly, little multi legged friend of the woodland realm.

No comments: