Monday, February 10, 2014

Monday's Missives




    Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn pic from Holiday- an awesome movie and easily in the top 20 favorite movie in my life.



  • Follow The IED Hunter on his latest adventure!
  • I've talked about interventions before as they relate to that show of the same name. It really bothers me still and I still can't stress this enough- that concept would be great for people with chemical addiction problems- it's just a shame interventions essentially never work. A person has to hit their own self defined bottom and I'm sorry that's just the way it is- interference with that process will only drag the agony out. Normally, the only thing accomplished is the person will be further alienated.
  • A subjective observation: when I happen across that show the people rarely seem anywhere near the bottom in any way.
  • Why would a show like that be so successful? What's the draw?
  • Me and my best friend covet each others cool stuff and remind the other what we want when our demise becomes apparently imminent by a doctors visit scare or a near death case of man flu.
  • What are friends for?
  • Recently had to call the bank over something with my finances. The girl dutifully asked for my password- I gave it she then said in a sweet voice, Nooo- try again. I said, That's what it has to be. even though she made me honestly doubt myself since hadn't used it a good while. She nudged me with a hint which caused an old one to pop in my mind. No, sorry want to try again? No, enough guessing games for one day- I'll drive in to the bank.
  • However- I knoooow I was right the first time.
  • Odd.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're right about the interventions, of course, and that's because addiction is really a very selfish thing.

I'm not running down addicts by saying that, I'm speaking from experience.

I don't think there's an addict alive who doesn't know they've screwed themselves and their loved ones over.

All the time.