Saturday, February 8, 2014

Saturday's Situation

  • “There’s no way I would ever not try,” Couples said to ESPN.com. “So I’ll watch it on TV, that’s the next best thing.”  From an ESPN article about Fred Couples having to miss the Super Bowl because he made the final round cut in a golf tournament.
  •  "I have to slay a dragon and then Barbara Bush is mine... America is finished. Obama, Etc." From a letter written by some goober who threatened to kill President Bush.
  • Enough weird things from the news- although I do find it a bit odd the Today Show has started using gifs for their online content.
  • Would the Russians have made their downhill skiing and bobsled courses so fast and difficult that if you hadn't practiced on them or a duplicate, it would be dangerous and hard to compete? Of course they would- they're Russkies.
  • Because there should still be at least one person who calls them Russkies and yes- the Chinese are Chi-coms.
  • To be clear though, I mean the governments of China and Russia. The people are well- people as I have always found people to be people as I travel the highways and byways of life.
    I found this pic while perusing CL for a new bike. I'm not saying a word.
  • If life is a competition it is more of a self paced thing and in the end, once you figure out all the rules it is often to late to use them for your benefit.
  • I made that one up- feel free to use it if you want.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was wondering where my eyebrows had gone.

I don't think life is a competition anymore. That's sort of what civilization did for us.

If you don't believe me, go to any store and look at who is managing to pass on their genes.

You can still make it a competition of sorts, but even there, it's because you've chosen a field where it's an intense game of sorts.

Opus #6 said...

"Your Mom", LMAO!