Thursday, February 27, 2014

Thursday's Thoughts



  • Another to add to my birthday bash list The Killers peforming Mr. Brightside.
  • I have this bit which is kind of funny: when I do something pretty smart at work I tap my temple and say, just using the old kidneys It gets a few chuckles. I did it once in front of some new people and poked myself in the eye as I spontaneously sneezed at the same time I pulled the bit- not a graze my eye that kind of hurt, but I can suck it up until I can get back in my office kind of poke- in a nearly drive me to the ground, Oh my God I'm going to lose my eye! kind of way.
  • One more reason they call me Mr Smooth.
  • For the size of town we have a crazy number or parks- I love that. they suffer from maintenance problems and some poor design elements, but they're great overall and some people who live around here are luckier than they know.
  • The CBO has recently released a report the proposed minimum wage hike to 10+ bucks an hour will cost the economy 500K jobs. I have no doubt that is true.
  • The most effective things to improve your health and well being are often the simplest and cheapest. I'm looking at you increased water and fiber intake.
  • The TICKET played an interview this morning of Kevin Von Erich telling a story of wrestling an orangutan in a small private zoo back in the day. It was literally hilarious. Am I the only one who wondered if that poor orang is still alive and is OK and hoping both are true?
  • I have a strong loyalty to Playa Maya and cannot recall a single time the service was less than excellent and food was not at least very good.
  • Often was spelled so horrendously up there, " footnote " was offered as an alternative by my spell check.
  • Multiple people have entered nursing school with my encouragement and that is an awesome and humbling thought.
  • My new tent hasn't arrived yet and it is getting on my nerves- gear withdrawal is tough.
  • The first inclination the jacked up chick who claims to have killed 22 people across multiple states is lying is the fact she claims to belong to a Satanic cult- exactly what she believes people want or expect to believe.
  • Update: the tent  arrived. Oh Emgee- its heavy. I have to rethink things. If I'm with somebody of course they would carry half the tentage and cooking equipment but schnikees- my back is hurting from testing it last night.

No comments: