Monday, March 3, 2014

Monday's Missives

Blood orange. A nursing buddy left one on my desk. I peeled it and promptly threw it in the trash as I thought it was bad. So, after griping me out she gave me a second chance with another. They're OK - an interesting novelty.

  • Recently I bumped into a former neighbor who had a baby while she was in the neighborhood. I gave her a play tent and tunnel someone had given Zac even though her baby was pretty little. It was to encourage his play and their interaction. It was cool for me because it was kind of expensive but yeah- didn't cost me a cent to give to him. That was most of 2 years ago. I bumped into her a couple of days ago. She said, Its his favorite toy. He plays with it with all the time- every day!  
    Zac said, I 'm going to build a fire and then sleep in front of it. Did I mention he is 6? That is one poorly composed and focused shot but I oddly like it for some reason.
  • I've said this before but we don't have any idea the difference we can make and sometimes it is the smallest things that we do or say.
  • We lost a nurse at work in a related clinic the other day related to her failure to comply with conditions placed against her license. My heart literally broke for her. I admire and respect her clinic for giving her the second chance though.
  • We all need second chances.


    Exploring Weatherford America's seedy underbelly.

    A salt lick we made in the park. Find a stump and poor a canister of salt over it near an animal trail. Once it is discovered the stump itself will literally be chewed to pieces.
  • Those e cig stores seem to have a lot of cars at them all the time. They can be in the middle of nowhere and if there aren't 8 cars outside of a tiny building- there will be 20.  I'm not sayin'- I'm just sayin'. Nomasayin'?
  • There is a guy in Wisconsin who made his own planetarium.
  • This tree is almost perfect in my book. The deficit in it's otherwise nearly perfect canopy only makes it even more interesting.
    To run speaker wire under carpet  cut a slit all the way down to the flooring 4-6 inches from the wall and after taping the wires to an electricians snake push them to where they need to be while guiding them from the top of the carpet. Then cut a slit where the wire needs to come out. You can use a clothes hanger with a hook bent into it to fish the wires out at the terminal end.
    I'm not saying it takes a daily reminder but I guess it can't hurt.
  • Two different times yesterday (02/26/2014) I was nearly sideswiped by goobers distracted by texting. Once it was as we entered an area where to my left I had nowhere to go as they encroached on my right while attempting my murder. All I could do was grit my teeth and lay into the horn and hope they weren't also distracted by their stereo being too loud to hear my desperate honks of panic.
    Yes, my friend we know about germs too. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That piece of orange looks infected.

I mean, come on: They call them oranges for a reason.