Thursday, March 27, 2014

Thursday's Thoughts


  • NPR was one of the first organizations I took note of who understood: If you want to get something done sound like a broken record- keep repeating yourself. People will either get the idea and accept what you're promoting or get so sick of hearing about it they'll give you whatever you want to shut you up. They did this with the ACA and are doing the same with gun control now.
  • There is a video going around with titles like," See a sweet hippo save an antelope from certain death in the jaws of  a vicious crocodile! " Why is that more pleasing to us than, See a vicious hippo deprive a starving crocodile of her meal ! They're both presumptive but at least the second thought is basically true and way less anthropomorphic.
  • I sat through meetings and classes all day (03/17/2014) at work. My job is so demanding, stressful and demanding it was a welcome break.
  • Yes I know- it is twice as demanding as other jobs.
  • Regardless- I need a break.
  • I have been on a fruit eating kick lately. No one is more unsurprised than I that I feel better- so why do I get in habit of eating like a pig for months on end?
    Huh? Wait- what?! Five thousand dollars on sale for a bicycle? That is literally more than my parents paid for the house I was raised in.
  • We just got in ( 03/21/2014 @2152 ) from watching Non-Stop. Wow it was bad- amazingly bad. It has been a while since I saw a more  far fetched and predictable movie. Maybe worse- I saw somebody in there with a 6-7 year old girl. The graphic violence and language aside, you could scar a child for life with a movie that bad.
  • One of the ladies we had dinner with accidentally closed her cat up in  a freezer recently and then left for work. Luckily her daughter discovered it an hour later. It was chilly- one cool cat ( I'm all over those low hanging fruits aren't I?) but alive and decidedly uncurious about the freezer for the rest of the day.
    Yeah, you're smart- you pretty much got it figured out from the poster

No comments: