Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Love And Mush


  • Something in me makes me push away when I'm not standing pretty strong on my own and that's probably a good thing- the way it ought to be.

  • A lady who was an office worker at Jackson State told me once, Never marry someone who has more problems than yourself. I knew it was pretty good when she told me but, wow, now I realize the truthfulness in that simple statement and think the world would be a better place if everyone lived by it.

  • She also defined love for me in the best way I've ever heard, You know you in love when meeting the emotional needs of the person you're with is an emotional need for yourself.

  • Pretty good huh?

  • I think she was some kind of angel or something. I couldn't tell you her name if my life depended on it. She worked in the office next to the print shop I worked in but, I couldn't even tell you the name of her office.

  • Whether people are together a week or a lifetime the things accumulated aren't what's important- it's the memories and what we learn from each other isn't it?

  • There's not just one person for everyone but, there's probably only several hundred (or thousands?) So, you've got to experience and talk to people- it won't just happen.

  • The perfect ones get taken when we weren't there or dropped the ball don't they? I ask the girl at the coffee shop when I see her,  So, hows the hubby?   He's doing OK- staying real busy. No hardening of the arteries or failing heart? No dear- sorry healthy as can be. Oh, well you know if something happened to him I'd be heartbroken- simply torn up.  I bet you would.  Still at the top of your list in the event of his untimely death? Of course, you doofus- now what do you want to drink?

No comments: