Monday, June 3, 2013

Monday's Missives



  • If you don't have some love in your heart for Jack White you might not have a heart at all- or a soul for that matter. Here he is at SXSW doing a parking lot show with Seasick Steve.
  • Last text message I received: She is very pretty!!!!!!! I'm so HAPPY for you! This was in response to me sending her a pic of my girlfriend. Oh, imagine my embarrassment- I forgot to mention the aforementioned texter/textee/wellwisher was a former girlfriend.
  • It reminded me- I cannot name a single woman from my past who would be likely to say she hated me. I'm usually surprised when certain ones from the past speak fondly of me to others.
  • Texter and textee get hi lited by my spell check.
  • Ridiculous.
  • So does wellwisher and it should, but I liked the flow of it in that context.
  • People, other than the need for shelter, food and water are not necessarily the same the world over as many would like to believe- westerners and middle easterners for instance, process information differently and have a completely different world view than one another. One thing though I bet is constant the world over: if a person can sing really well it is one of their most prized personal attributes and in their heart of hearts those who cannot sing well wish they could.
  • I just found out one of my best friends was a hardcore  nudist for years in another life.

    How close we were to edge of the system that hit Granbury: the first image is from the back of the house and second is from front porch.

    This sign has been up for weeks.

    Embarrassingly tiny TV in our waiting room is embarrassing.

    My letter Q is cool

    I got it when I asked one of our clerks what she was doing. Sorting letters- you want one? she asked.  Yes, I would like an upper case Q please. I only have it in hot pink. You want a hot pink one? You have to ask? I replied. The tasty looking bass was painted in 1965. My nursing buddy found it in an antique store.

    In the window of my orifice.

    From the wall



    Found on Beemers windshield one morning. It wasn't noticed until about halfway to work. When I saw it was a handwritten note I nearly got sick- I imagined it saying, "I'm sorry, I just cremated the passenger side of your car backing mine out. Several people saw it happen so I'm acting like I'm giving you my information which isn't going to happen as I don't have a license much less insurance..."  I have no idea who left it.

    This button was on my office bulletin board when I moved in. I left it there knowing I would find out it's meaning from somebody at some point. It took two years for the following, So, you like Freebirds? At first I thought he meant the song Free Bird and was about to reply, Yeah, about as much as any other white trash person I guess when I saw him looking at the pin beside Mr. Deadhead. Uh, I don't even know what it is. I've been waiting for someone to tell me. I said instead. It is a burrito restaurant I was informed. He gave me a nice discount coupon.

    Spit beetle nest- for realz. Its a thing- look it up. I'm not joking.

    Among the rules for Texas State Parks. Being "topless" was defined by something to the effect of, If any part of the areola or nipple is observable... I don't know, maybe it is just me but we really might want to consider worrying about things that matter

    This was their response to the question, Where would you go and what would you do if a tornado or thunderstorm struck or you got lost?

    Yes, that is what eleventy billion daddy long legs look like nested up.

    Brilliant orange fungus found in MWSP

    FG, Is that a tombstone? Me No, it is just an interestingly positioned, randomly placed rock. I don't believe you. I choose to  believe it is a tombstone. was her reply.



    One day you are gorgeous, brilliantly colored beetle- the next you're poop.

    I painted FG's nails.

    Speaking of poop- that is a lot of it. It probably came from a buzzard.  And you thought a degree in poopology was useless.

    Drift wood worn smooth by years of wave action in a cove.

1 comment:

an Donalbane said...

I don't believe you. I choose to believe it is a tombstone. was her reply.

You are, of course, smart enough to know not to argue the point.

Women have their own logic structure.