Friday, June 7, 2013

Friday's Dispatch




    A protester at an ALCOA plant who believes President Obama is an alien- literally, as in the extraterrestrial type.



  • I didn't get a job I interviewed for recently. That is the first time it's happened in my life I think and it's very disappointing.
  • I nearly always misspell disappointing.
  • The thought of visiting Detroit doesn't hold any fascination for me, but I've been invited to go and stay for several days and just might do it.
  • "No, I'm _______'s boy" That's what Zac said recently in response to my question,"Are you daddy's boy?" _________ is a woman who is notthemomma.
  • He calls Popsicles hopscicles and flashlights blashlights. I love that about him.
  • I don't recall the number, but a test I did in the Army revealed I had a vocabulary twice that of the average American.
  • That and a nickel will get you...
  • The above thoughts were put here nearly 2 years ago.
  • After the Boy Scouts decision to allow openly gay members was made I heard multiple people call it a victory for gays and lesbians... One woman who wanted her kids in and herself to be a leader said to the effect, I want to work in an organization I love. That is not true- you want to fundamentally change an organization to meet your needs and world view and validate you as a person and maybe all that is A OK. 

No comments: