Thursday, June 13, 2013

Thursday's Thoughts


  • We are gearing up the aquarium soon. I really look forward to it, especially my children's input and participation.
  • They have watched quite a few episodes of Tanked. I hope their feet will be planted on the ground when we look for fish and their heads out of the clouds.
  • Lots of people are moving in and out of my apartments. I like when I find out people have independent of my presence figured out they each know me.
  • I am going to a rodeo soon for the first time in years.
  • A move is like warfare- it brings out the best and worst in people.
  • After our move was finished I was left with a stack of boxes that after they were flattened for recycling were nearly 2 feet thick.
  • This morning (06122013) I awoke at 0111. My first thought was, OmiGod I have to sleep! I am going to go crazy. since I just knew it was probably more like 0545. Is there anything better than that? I wandered around the house, took a drink of ice water, checked on the kids, read for about 15 minutes and drifted off- content as a bug in a rug.
  • An interesting interview on the politics of drone warfare.
  • Filter and The Crystal Method- Trip Like I Do.

3 comments:

RPM said...

Dude, I hope you know what you're getting into. Aquariums are a huge PITA. Pretty, but PITA. Cleaning, Ph, disease, O2. The list is long.

el chupacabra said...

Hey R- I know, I know. Believe me when I say I'm doing this with fear and trepidation in my heart! I do have a standard operating procedure which helps though- I have a bigger tank than I need for the numbers of fish I have and same with the filter.

It isn't foolproof but it helps.

an Donalbane said...

Watchoo talking 'bout, Willis?