Thursday, June 20, 2013

I Rant I Rave I Solve All The World Problems I Am The Lizard King I Know Everything




  • We knew the possibility of new gun laws would cause a run on sporting style rifles but stores are have trouble keeping any kind of gun on the shelves.
  • During the run up to Clinton's ban supposedly Colt ramped up a third shift for the first time since the Vietnam war hundreds of thousands (at least) of guns ended up in circulation that would not have been otherwise. It is the same now but people who may have never bought one, people not that into guns are buying them. 
  • More people are beaten to death every year than are murdered by rifles. 
  • During the debate prior to Clinton's ban if you asked any cop they essentially never saw a so called assault weapon on the street. They were too hard to conceal- they were too expensive and were harder to obtain illegally than other guns. I doubt you could prove a single crime was prevented with that ban. Interestingly to a man, cops would say they saw way more so called Saturday night specials- cheap .25, .380 and .9 mm pistols. Surprisingly, in my area at least city and county cops would tell me they saw a lot of .22 caliber rifles used or carried in cars to be used for no good. The butt stocks would be cut off to form a pistol grip.
  •  It is tiresome to hear politicians and now sometimes police talk about the Second Amendment and reference hunting- really, it is bizarre. It was written to elucidate the right of the people to overthrow a government that has become tyrannical. It was understood people would need to be armed to be able to form militias to repel invasions and to prevent the government from being tyrannical. If the amendment is offensive to people they should change it. It is not about hunting or shooting skeet . The good thing about the Second Amendment that is often seems forgotten is it's very presence may cause it to be unnecessary to use it- it should give politicians pause to know the people may have the means at their disposal to overthrow an oppressive government. But again- if people don't like it they should change it. 
  • A headline this morning was "Sweeping new gun legislation proposed". The related video had the President nearly in tears speaking in front of an audience including Newtown parents. Behind him sat schoolchildren who had written him about gun control. The talking head said truly to the effect, The President spent more time near tears emotionally trying to gather support than he did laying out plans...
  • Maybe I'm weird- but I prefer legislation that might actually accomplish some useful end not something that makes me feel good and I don't need a President trying to get sympathy votes by bawling. 
  • Bad situations lead to bad laws and rank emotionalism leads to terrible decisions. Hey that is pretty good and I just made it up off the top of my head. feel free to use it- just credify me.
  •  Fear the government that fears your guns. Dictators love unarmed peasants... I've never felt like this before but I can't think of a single gun nut bumper sticker that doesn't seem prescient right now.
  • If you're not wondering, What's next? or Who is next? you're high or otherwise oblivious. 
  • I've been at the same job for a little over a year now. My taxes have gone up and I now bring home much less money than I did just a couple of weeks ago. I was already paying too much in taxes AND having more than the minimum taken out to make sure I didn't have to pay more during tax time and now I'm bringing home less money?! I cannot reconcile this to my sense of fairness or common sense nor can I rationalize it intellectually. Why bother to work- I mean really why?
  •  When my former life ended and I was on my own it was not uncommon for me not to be able to eat for days after child support and bills before payday and when I say not be able to eat, I don't mean not be able to eat out or eat the things I want- I mean not eat at all and when I say days, I mean 2-3 days. If this tax increase had happened then, I would have literally and absolutely been on the street.
  • Thank God they're finally making those millionaires and billionaires pay their fair share. 
  • When President Obama looks like he want to vomit when he talks about millionaires and billionaires like they're animal rapists am I the only one that remembers he is a multimillionaire? 
  •  Statistically so called gun violence happens in certain areas to certain groups of people. This is sad and  terrible.  It is awful and something should be done but when laws are made that will and can only affect the law abiding this is a sad admission of how terrible the problem is of our disadvantaged, disenfranchised people. It says Hey man, I'm sorry we don't know what to do for you folks that live in conditions that would make a Somali in Mogadishu shudder but we gotta do somethin' that looks good to get all these wealthy white folks off our backs about the safety of their little snowflakes...
  • It is 01/21/2013 and I'm back to this rant. I am on the waiting list of 2 different gun stores for an M4 style carbine. I'm number 110 on one and 10 on another- ridiculous. 
  •  It is 01/27/2013. Yesterday a guy from from one of the gun stores called to let me know they had received a few ARs in to resell. He offered me a late 80s production AR 15 for 1500 dollars or roughly 3 times  what was paid for it new- ridiculous.
  •  Women have supposedly been cleared for more combat roles secondary to the odd and incorrect assumption they face all the combat hazards and have all the requisite strength and other prerequisites for combat anyway. You can tell how much trouble a nation is in when leaders make really, really bad decisions that look big and sound good but could only hurt the people and institutions involved, all for some cheap, lame duck political pandering.
  • We can expect lots of awful decisions and resultant policies in the remainder of President Obama's last term.
  • 02/01/2013 It has recently been announced we are going to sell Egypt F16 fighters and M1 Abrams tanks. Sometimes what sounds like a good idea at the time will blow up in your face and come back to haunt you. Sometimes what sounds a great idea at the time turns out over time to be just that- a great idea. However,  I think it is rare that something that sounded a bad idea at the time turns out to be a good one. This is a bad idea. It is a bad idea because it sounds like an awful idea right now- it doesn't take sleeping on it, thinking it over, seeing how things turn out etc. It is a terrible idea that will have negative consequences for our allies if not the US directly. If nothing else- we will be paying to keep that equipment running. From providing them close air support in Libya to this bit of craziness, the Islamists are tired from lying awake laughing at us all night.
  • I think the President has lost his mind.
  • A good unofficial motto for us would be: The United States Of America No Better Friend- No Worse Enemy.
  • If you need a good example of how awful our government is and how dumb congress can be, look no further than the Renewable Fuels Standard. It mandated a percentage of fuel made from plants be blended into gasoline. It makes food cost more, gasoline cost more, cars burn more fuel, it is harder on engines than fossil fuels, makes cars cost more and unless something has changed it is still transported by truck- which burn diesel. In the past it took 1.5 gallons of diesel to get a gallon of the ethanol fuel to market.
  • There are multiple single issue politicians in this country, ones who you could not tell they had any interest in anything other that narrow band of people they feel they relate to and those politicians are just as dangerous to the folks they ostensibly represent as they are to the population at large.
  • On a loosely associated thread: how can a person who represents group X from area Y thousands of miles from me in distance and a million miles from 90% of the population ideologically have such power over the rest of us? There is something wrong with our system.
  • Bill Clinton's famous quote, Every time I sign that tax form I smile, gets used out of context all the time but yeah- you'd have to be rich enough to think that way in the first place.
  •  03022013 I have heard multiple of Maxine Water's speeches and/or read the text of them. Try as I might, I can never even gather her meaning from them. She seems to just randomly string words together- big sounding words that I sense she does not really know the meaning. An interesting figure she threw out recently was the number of jobs that will be lost due to the sequester- 170 million. How bizarre, but poorly informed, ignorant people will eat that up and believe it.
  • We are broke. We are broke and spending money as fast as we can print and/or borrow it and the news recently was we are giving Syrian rebels 60 million bucks in non lethal aid. First of all we already know Islamists are ascendant in those groups. Second, that is a drop in the bucket of what they would need to overthrow the government. It will not buy us any influence with them. Quite the opposite- it will make them mad in the long run, be made to be an insult and it will be used against us. 
  • When the President was asked if he had ever shot a gun he responded to the effect, Yep, we shoot skeet all the time at Camp David. What a liar. Good grief.
  •  03102013 Speaking of liars and hypocrites, Mark Kelly Gabrielle Gifford's husband got busted for buying an AR15 and a pistol after emotionally and publicly supporting gun control- esp for tactical style rifles. When pro gun people found out about the purchase he lied and said he did it to illustrate how easy it was to obtain those weapons here and he intended to turn them over to police. What a liar. 
  •  I think I just had cerebral vascular accident so I'll quit for now. I'm going to hike the waist of pants up under my arm pits and go to the hospital. Thanks for reading and being my friend on the internets.




/





























No comments: