Thursday, June 6, 2013

Thursday's Thoughts




Two of my favorite images from WWII. Both have arrested my attention when I come across them since I was  a boy.  Oddly, when they have crossed my path I sometimes wonder if the German soldiers lived through the war but have never had the same thought about the American who I think was tied down on Omaha until now. 





  • I have a great idea for a new restaurant- it will be voodoo themed and I'll call it Foodoo. Get it?
  • Cool huh?
  • Well, except for the doo and food connotation I guess.
  • I hate how litigious or society is and really feel like it's one of the most negative things about us, but I'm afraid if somebody slammed in to me on the road while they were texting the next place they'd see me would be court. Texting while driving is so unbelievably retarded- it's unforgivable.
  • Two things the average person really doesn't normally understand about WWII. We could have very easily lost (case could be made we nearly did lose). Nobody gives the Russians enough credit for the Germans they killed and equipment they destroyed. The case could be made their contribution was greater than the Normandy invasion.
  • Why were the Germans so scary good at warfare? First of all they were very innovative in the early part of the war allowing them to win and their leadership get good at what they did and learn what worked. They were masters at small unit tactics. Their equipment was very, very good. Good or bad right or wrong they were a highly skilled, disciplined professional force. Then in the late stages of the war there is the back against the wall factor you can add to the aforementioned thoughts.
  • Zachary gets a haircut this morning.
  • The last barber to cut my hair was the first to cut his.
  • Zac loves Pinky And Teh Brain.
  • That makes two of us.
  • Yes, I saw the teh and thought it looked funny.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey there just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The text in your post seem to be running off the screen in Safari.
I'm not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with browser compatibility but I figured I'd post
to let you know. The layout look great though!

Hope you get the issue fixed soon. Thanks

Feel free to surf to my weblog; sell beats to
artist - -

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.