Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Wednesday's Digressions




On the day I have my picture made with my wife/GF/SO and a bunch of cats if you have any humanity at all- Will. Hunt. Me. Down. And. Kill Me.




  • If I wanted to nit pick my mom's rearing of me I could- I know I could, but I've long realized she did the very best she could with what she had under a lot of very difficult circumstances. A lot of people have done far worse than she with much more resources. One thing that has meant more than I ever could have guessed in my life is she taught me to appreciate wildlife and the outdoors. Really, as messed up as things can be, I can get out and go fishing or just sit and watch the birds and other animals while listening to the wind in the trees and I usually can come away thinking that maybe everything will be OK.
  • Give it some more time man. my shoulder brah says.
  • I gave a lot back to her through the years and without doing so, I simply cannot imagine where I'd be now that she's gone. I miss her terribly. I miss her in a way that I only share with my little sister- since of course she is the only one who would understand.
  • Shoulder brah? Yes, he's my bro. who lives on my shoulder that talks like a surfer. He occasionally dares me to do foolish things- Go for it dewd, it will be kewl, but he also helps keep me out of trouble. Dewd, don't do this brah- you know you'll regret it.
  • Sometimes he beats out the shoulder angel and shoulder devil whose arguments can be just too black and white.

4 comments:

RPM said...

You have my solemn promise. But it's a reciprocal agreement.

el chupacabra said...

Ha, good! My word is my bond.

an Donalbane said...

There is only one reason for a straight man to tolerate the presence of felines in an abode.

el chupacabra said...

A comical quip popped in my head when I read your comment Don. I'll be good.
I am a mighty oak.