Thursday, December 27, 2012

Thursday's Thoughts





  • I'm watching a documentary titled The First World War- it's reminded me: what a God awful mess, that not only didn't have to happen, it should not have happened. One thing that jumped out at me especially considering the amount of reading I've done on that war is the scale of genocidal atrocities that were inflicted. I think most of us would be more likely to associate World War II with genocide and WWI with suicidal charges across no mans land. 
  • In a patients house once I saw an proclamation on the wall for winning "A World War". It took a minute to sink in after stepping closer and in fact, I had to see the date to process which one it meant- it meant World War I. They weren't expecting another.
  • At an antiques store once I found a claw foot bathtub that was used in a John Wayne movie. They had still pics from the set and receipts from the studio. I just nearly bought it and in fact made an offer which they accepted, slept on it and came back and looked at it again the next day, but backed out.
  • I'm going to put an aquarium in my office.
  • There were a few hundred people at Holland's Lake Park yesterday for the Kid Fish and Scout activities.
  • I saw two male Boy Scout leaders who were obviously involved with each other.
  • Recently I got a string of for lack of a better term- excuses from somebody I asked out. I found out later she had a boyfriend and I guess didn't want to come out and say it. I'm not sure what to make of that- is that a compliment? .
  • Mazzy Star Into Dust

2 comments:

Opus #6 said...

Perhaps she and her boyfriend are not "official" for whatever reason. It may have nothing to do with you.

el chupacabra said...

Lady O- That was actually a while back but you may be right. As I recall they may have been rocky and she was tempted...