Monday, December 10, 2012

Monday's Missives




    I'm Batman

  • Coca Cola 1944
  • I saw Handel's Messiah December 3 2012 at Weatherford College. It was nice, it was OK not great, not inspired- it was nice. During a recitative one of the girls slung her head around like she was having a seizure, pulled her music up to her breast while hitting a high note and modulated her voice like someone doing a cruel caricature of an operatic performance. It was ridiculous. I thought the roof was going to come down. She came dangerously close to getting a standing ovation. I thought- Did they see the same performance I did? People need to get out more often. 
  • The strings were really good though especially the first violin. 
  • I love cello music and my ears key in on it every time I hear strings playing.
  • Everybody knows about chopped liver- we joke about it, but who has ever even seen it much less eaten eat?
  • I never wash the coffee cup I've had for over 20 years. Honestly- I've never even rinsed it. No, not even once.

4 comments:

Opus #6 said...

I bought my first case of Mexican Coke last week at Costco. Man that is good. Bottled in glass, sweetened with sugar.

el chupacabra said...

Lady O- Ah yes a thing of beauty to be sure.

an Donalbane said...

Cellos rock. My daughter is playing cello this year.

el chupacabra said...

Don- How cool I didn't know that I don't guess. They're awesome even though of course if I could wake up being a virtuoso of anything it would be the violin.