Friday, December 21, 2012

Friday's Dispatch




  • When this first came out my eldest was 2 years old.
  • There is often arguments on the effect media of various types has on people. You can argue just about any point you want on this subject with images, films and writing to come out of the Vietnam war alone. One always amusing example involves the supposed shoot-downs of US aircraft by the proverbial peasant with an AK (or even an ancient musket). These images are still conjured up when talking about the fragility of our tech in todays wars. People will say, There are pictures- I've seen them!  No, you saw a picture of a dirty peasant holding a rusty old musket standing in front of a downed US aircraft- you cannot even guess what brought it down. It may have run out of gas for all you know.
  • Friend- girl's dumb cat loves me.
  • Recently I gave a homeless patient who sleeps in his truck a sleeping bag. I'm growing soft in my old age.
  • Actually though, it stems from after serving with Marines in Iraq, I told myself I would help a Marine/former Marine every chance I got.
  • I bought a glow in the dark Frisbee the other day. Wow, it is bright, although I have no idea how long it will last.
  • After forcing us to do more with less for far too long at work the powers that be hired 2 more nurses. We're bumping into each other and arguing over assignments so we won';t be bored and sitting around twiddling our thumbs.

No comments: