Monday, December 3, 2012

Monday's Missives





  • I met one of my Adopt a Soldier ladies when I came back from downrange. She was short, dark, with long black hair and gorgeous. She was fun and sweet and I'll never forget her although it's highly unlikely I'll ever see her again. We saw a movie (I nearly froze to death in there) and ate the best BBQ for lunch and Mexican food for dinner I guess I've ever eaten. She knew everybody in her city and took me everywhere to show me off. We missed some of her friends who had a huge house with a beautiful pool. We sat by it, drank ice cold Cokes from the poolside fridge and watched the sun go down. It was surreal for me. I was contented and safe for the first time in a long time. I smiled and laughed so much my face hurt.
  • I wonder if she remembers me?
  • Limp Bizkit Walking Away
  • I know- they're a guilty pleasure. Their bad stuff is bad, but their good stuff is really pretty OK.
  • Zachary just lies down and goes to sleep when he's tired- no fuss and he rarely needs to be told.
  • Recently, after a string of playful texts I received this one: Tell me a lie.
  • Women. Are. The. Debil.
  • I think I may take Zachary to Olive Garden for dinner tonight. Is it just me or is that an odd name? Don't olives grow in orchards?




1 comment:

Paxford said...

•I wonder if she remembers me?

I am quite sure she does. :)

Troop adoptees become like family in the way you think and care about them

Did you ever think to send her a Christmas card? (if she is Soldiers' Angels I can see if I can find an address if you like)

Pax