Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thursday's Thoughts

View from an abandoned house on the way to Black Creek lake.

  • I just finished putting up a Christmas tree for the first time in forever.
  • A pimp patient brought in medical leave paperwork for us to sign so he could give it to his HR department. I nearly fell out of my chair laughing.
  • When I say pimp- I mean he manages women who sell their bodies to men for sex, not a guy who overdresses, wears outrageous jewelry etc. The HR department is within a legit business his brother maintains for their cover.
  • Recently I convinced a kid to go back and finish high school.
  • Within the past few years someone whom I'd lost contact with for years said,"The last time we talked you asked me when I was going to do something with my life. It made me so mad- that's why I didn't talk to you all these years, but it made me go back to school." She had her nursing degree by then and was doing well. I did vaguely remember that being the reason we broke contact although, I had no recall of the specifics.
  • Sometimes we have no idea the difference we make in others lives.
  • A loosely associated thought: we hardly ever see ourselves in as positive a light as those around us do.
  • I'm really surprised when I encounter someone we might term normal and undamaged. This is so true, when it happens, it's hard to shake the feeling they may only be really good at hiding their true self.
  • God bless you. I love you- in spite of yourself.
  • Another band I'll see December 14 2012 at How The EDGE Stole Christmas.

No comments: