Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wednesday's Digressions










  • Recently at work while trying to schedule on the computer an appointment for a patient who has a reputation for being difficult I became aware that she had moved behind me and was looking over my shoulder. Seeing my last name in the log-in she said as much and then lamely trying to affect a playful tone said,"Hey- now, I know your last name- I can Google you! Ahem, my full name is printed intentionally rather prominently on my ID, I would have gladly given it if asked and regardless, would have been compelled to do so if again, she'd only asked. In the words of the Blogfather, "I bet her life is a thousand times harder than it has to be."





  • Will somebody tell me (using small words and diagrams if possible) how to set an about me button on the main page of a blogger.com blog?





  • If I were fantastically wealthy I'd: spend every waking hour getting every available hot air balloon certification and gaining thousands of hours of flight time. Then I'd move to Africa and sell rides across places like Ngorongora crater, Maasai Mara and take film makers on flyovers of the annual migrations of the plains animals. For Europeans I'd lay my Texas accent on thick and with Americans I'd affect a British accent and refer to myself as an expat.





  • At the store where I drop in to get drinks and milk etc. they know I like to scan the products myself so as soon as they see me walk in they rotate the laser toward the front of the counter.





  • My insurance agent is pretty hot- I asked her out the first time we met. She was on the skids from her marriage and looking for herself so I wished her well and moved on. Recently I had to interact with her again. Predictably I commented on her hawtness. She said, Aw, you're so sweet- let me see if we have any discounts to put on your policy.





  • One of the most neglected secrets of life is figuring out which wheels to grease and how.





  • No centaurs

4 comments:

Kathleen... said...

Re: About Me

Go to your main page and in the right hand corner, click onto "Design." From there on the right, you'll see "About Me" on the Design Layout. You simply have to select "Show on this page" to have your About Me displayed.

Hope this helps!

el chupacabra said...

Aw thanks K'Leen- I had a feeling you'd be able to help!

an Donalbane said...

Is your insurance chick one of those with a big billboard? I've seen a coupla them on billboards that I would classify as hawt.

Those folks are driving on the wrong side of the centaurline.

el chupacabra said...

Don- Centaurline- Ha! No not her. Funny thing about that though: there's a person whom I frequently do business with that's on billboards, the cafe table ads and her pictures appear in about half the junk mail I get etc. In the pic she's strikingly attractive. I don't want to sound mean, but you'd never know it's her when you see her in real life. They've airbrushed and retouched the person in the pic away...