Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday's Missives








    My boy- my Life







    • During my recent commute to work with my ex wife Billy Corgan's cover of Landslide started playing. We both started singing along and both bobbled the lyrics in the same place in different ways. The whole scene was oddly OK- there's nothing to it, it didn't mean a thing, but yes it was OK for some reason.


    • Somebody recently commented on my limp. I explained my knee was bothering me because of the cold, wet weather. Is that what you hurt during the war? Yeah, I answered. What happened? she asked.


    • And there I was- surrounded! Bullets were flying everywhere. The vehicle was burning. I pulled my driver out and giving him his weapon said,"Don't you die on me." and then I turned and a bullet went through my knee...


    • I'm lying. I walked out of a guard shack at night and fell over a Jersey barrier (they're like the dividers for HOV lanes) that had been placed there during my shift.


    • Recent headlines have been,"Doctors perplexed by wave of girls with tourettes syndrome type symptoms in New York schools." Doctors haven't beeen that perplexed- it's impossible this phenomenon is not psychological. Nobody wants to go on record as being a meaner is all.

    6 comments:

    Kathleen... said...

    A "meaner" -- LOL!

    Darling boy. =)

    RPM said...

    That's a fine looking young man!

    el chupacabra said...

    KLeen- Thanks


    R- Thanks man.

    an Donalbane said...

    Looks like he's ready to hop on his bike and go out and throw the newspapers...

    Great cover of Landslide - I had not heard that one before.

    an Donalbane said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    an Donalbane said...

    ...double-clicking mouse...