Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thursday's Thoughts











  • A Denny Crane post reminded me of a long ago family member memory. He mentioned crazy things people used to get high with around the world and one of the things mentioned was substitute alcohols in Russia. An extended family member's uncle had a bad drinking problem. His wife more or less threatened the lives of every alcohol retailer in town within walking distance of the house (he did not drive) if they sold him liquor or beer. While cleaning out the attic after he and his wife both died they found it was stacked to the rafters with empty vanilla extract, cheap after shave and another product I don't recall, bottles. It took two pickup loads to carry it all off to the dump. It amazes he could have put all that away without dying much earlier than he did. Oh, and as I recall- he outlived the wife.







  • Yesterday morning in the bath a razor fell off into the water. I bent over and it pinched me on the abdomen. I bent over again a minute later and felt another pinch- or so I thought. It was cutting into me- not pinching with all five blades in two different places nearly evenly in line with each other. I can hear the ME doing my autopsy when I die in a car wreck tomorrow: the decedent is a middle aged, well nourished, height and weight proportionate white male with no obvious identifying tattoos or marks except- wait a minute- he appears to have been a cutter...







  • My high schooler is taking economics and two other classes this summer- amazing. He'll have his associates when he graduates from high school.

No comments: