Monday, January 2, 2012

Monday's Missives









    Hey now- Jennifer Tilly. 53 years old and she gets better looking each year. Can you imagine what she'll look like at 153?










  • The next time you're in combat and nothing is going your way- your weapon jams, the radio won't work, the enemy is getting on your nerves and you get that sinking feeling where you know your blood sugar is about to crater- take my advice, find some cover and break out some MREs. Then, look for whatever cake you can find, squirt a tube of peanut butter on it, mix cocoa powder to a pudding consistency and place it on top, do the same with a creamer packet, then sprinkle instant coffee across the top of that then sprinkle a French vanilla cappuccino packet across the whole shebang.







  • Then throw the entire mess away.







  • I kid- it's delicious, nutritious and will keep you going for hours.







  • A couple of weeks ago on NPR I heard them talking about how awful Nickelback is then oddly, as the report faded out they played one of the only good songs they do. About two days later on another station I heard them talking about software that blocks to your computer even a reference to Nickelback. It's called Nickelblock.







  • I've never talked about Nickelback so such in my life.







  • I feel dirty.







  • Feeling sniffly the other night I drank Theraflu. First of all- as good as the concept is and effective as it can be, that stuff is nasty. Secondly- I went to bed with my favorite lounge pants on and awoke in the morning naked, having no recall of taking them off.







  • Hank Williams Lost Highway

3 comments:

aroundthecorner said...

I hate it even worse when I go to bed naked and WAKE UP with my pants on.
Nasty stuff, but very effective.

Kathleen... said...

LOL on both "pants" recounts! hahahaha

an Donalbane said...

Hmmm, I wonder what she has under her hands...