Monday, January 9, 2012

Monday's Missives

Ellie Mae- where did the years go?










  • Yesterday a girl asked asked where I had been. I replied, You mean as in, this morning or all your life? She called me moco, which is Spanish for snot. I knew then my work there was done.


  • Zac asked for candy when we got home from Olive Garden. I reminded him he already had candy at OG in the chocolate mints he ate. His reply? That wasn't candy- that was food!


  • My house got so out of control recently my buddy who drops by to use the Internet cleaned while I was out one evening. He must have spent a couple of hours on it.


  • A couple of days ago I bought some just ripe bananas. Today, they're so overripe it's unlikely I'll eat them. I wonder why they ripened so quickly?


  • I almost always misspell bananas.


  • What I called show and tell in school when I was a kid is more often called show and share today.


  • One of of my patients is schizophrenic. While she is legitimately profoundly disabled by it, she also gets a kick out of scaring people by walking like a zombie and alternating between expressions of a blank thousand yard stare and burning anger. After noting her engage in getting a charge out of seeing people being fearful of her I betrayed my perception by grinning at her and shaking my head. Later while drawing her blood she looked hard at me. Again, I smiled and shook my head. She busted out laughing. Then I did the same- while trying to hold a winged collett needle (butterfly) in her arm and change out collection tubes.


  • After watching Afghans fishing with RPGs I think we can die whole and complete.

5 comments:

Kathleen... said...

I love reading Zac'isms. =)

LOL on you & the patient!

RPM said...

Donna Douglas was in her 30's when she played Ellie Mae.

Ditto on the Zac'isms.

el chupacabra said...

KLeen- Thanks. Yeah- probably kindred spirits she and I...

R- I remember seeing her out of her element somewhere- Grand Ole Opry show? Hee Haw? and being shocked at how old she looked AND sounded. It was my first big reminder of my mortality (that and when Dana Plato died).
I knew I'd never be the same again.

an Donalbane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
an Donalbane said...

Seems like an expensive way to fish...

Don't even wanna think about takin' them ol' boys deer hunting!