Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wednesdays Digressions

AP photo from MSNBC

  • Nancy Pelosi looks at least 15 years older since debate over the bailout started. I don't know for sure if I'm right on that assessment or what it may mean if I am but, it seems true in multiple pictures I've seen. I've got a sneaking suspicion though I'm correct and this thing is keeping her up at night.

  • A guy I know in Decatur has a blog called Liberally Lean at http://skattershooting.blogspot.com/ recently he said something to the effect,"Obama stopped smiling about 6 weeks ago." Man, he's right and again I don't know what it may mean but, it's true and it's obviously so.

  • The school shooting in Finland was followed by the predictable headline within 24 hours Gun ban mulled in Finland in wake of school shooting. Bad situations make for bad laws is an old, applicable truism. Finland is second in the world behind the US in private gun ownership.

  • I applied for a part time job the other day to get me out of the house and prevent starvation and homelessness. I got the job-flexible schedule, good pay, they gave me a set of high quality scrubs when conversationally I mentioned I would need to get some and in the breakroom was a 4 ft. stack of cases of energy drinks, bottled water and sodas. I can handle this.

  • The baby spent his first day in day care and has been sick as a dog with flu symptoms, I haven't slept more than a couple of hours in the past 2 nights. I think it was too quick for incubation time- probably a coincidence.

  • Cool mornings get me charged up and I feel like I can accomplish anything. Soon enough we'll be whining about how cold it is daydreaming aloud about next summer- going to the lake, getting out on the boat etc. Then we'll be whining about the heat wondering aloud what it feels like in the more northern states," Have you ever been snow skiing?" we'll say then winter will roll around...
  • My spell checker has lost its mind, it just started missing obviously misspelled words and hi lighting random words and in one case turning the letters yellow instead of hi lighting the word.

No comments: