Saturday, September 13, 2008

Saturday Food Thoughts

  • Two most memorable recent meals and other food thoughts:

  • Took a friend out to a fancy pants steak house when he came through town recently. It was so good I didn't want it to end. Garlic potatoes and foot long grilled asparagus to go with a beautiful inch and a half thick steak, I'm drooling- better stop thinking about that one.

  • Made tuna salad out of lemon pepper tuna and diced apples and real mayo today. Ate with a Hamburger Helper single serve and drank a Jones Soda Cream Soda. Very simple, very good.
  • I ate supper on the porch this evening.
  • I've eaten meals in a bath before.
  • One of my friends when the subject came up of weird habits said,"I like to eat supper on the toilet sometimes, not like a full meal but, a burrito or something like that."- I don't think I would have told that one brother. (maybe I shouldn't have told that one myself?)
  • When you have baby carrots and Ranch Dressing grind peppercorns into the dressing.
  • I decided a while back to dedicate myself to becoming a grillologist and have come a long way. While not perfected, I can cook a pretty mean steak and burger.
  • For a good burger dice an onion, coat it in a olive oil and mix a good amount of them throughout the hamburger and form patties. Sprinkle a little sea salt, a lot of fresh ground black pepper, some Worcestershire sauce and any creole type seasoning that doesn't have salt on the patties. Saute the remaining onions with some mushrooms timing them for about the time the burgers are done.

  • When someone goes on about eating some exotic or gross food in their past (baloot and calf testicles are two examples) I always think to myself they wouldn't have touched that stuff with a ten foot pole if they didn't have an audience present at the time for peer pressure.

No comments: