Thursday, September 11, 2008

Were Were You?


I was at work in the Medical Arts building on 8th and Rosedale in Fort Worth when someone called and said,"Turn on the tv, a plane just flew into a building in New York." The first thing I thought of was the times buildings had been struck by aircraft before such as the Empire State Building in the 40s being struck by a bomber and thought, "How can that be possible with todays instruments and- it's broad daylight?" I then saw the second plane strike the north tower.


Later, when I heard all aircraft under US ground control had been grounded I took everyone up onto the roof to allow them to see a sky for the first time in their lives that didn't have a single aircraft and hope that would be the last opportunity for same we'd ever have.


It was literally the bluest blue I've ever seen.


September 11 2004 I received orders to deploy to Iraq.




No comments: