Saturday, September 20, 2008

Sad News In American Pop Culture


"COLUMBIA, S.C. - Former Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker and a popular disc jockey were critically injured in a Learjet crash in South Carolina that killed four people, authorities said Saturday.
NBC News reported that Barker, who also starred in MTV reality show "Meet the Barkers", had performed Friday night at an event alongside Perry Farrell, the former Jane's Addiction singer, as well as Gavin DeGraw and Goldstein.
The killed passengers and two crew members, all from California, were identified as pilot Sarah Lemmon, 31, of Anaheim Hills; co-pilot James Bland, 52, of Carlsbad; Chris Baker, 29, of Studio City; and Charles Still, 25, of Los Angeles."- NBC news


Barker has an interesting philosophy on his incredibly large number of tattoos-"I tattooed my body so I couldn't fall back on anything. I purposely did that so I couldn't get a normal job and live a normal life. I did it so I had to play music." He claims to have spent over $30,000 on his body art."-Wikipedia
I didn't know it until looking up information for this post but, he at one time was the drummer for The Suicide Machines.
He is in critical condition at an burn center in Augusta Georgia.

No comments: