Sunday, September 7, 2008

From The Next Blog Button


A blog called, On The Rails- all about my railroading obsession

"I've started to add more trees to the scenery. I built some pine trees from kits, by gluing foam to wire 'trunks'. That's rather tedious as you can guess, which explains why I haven't been in a hurry to get a lot of them made. But, they look pretty good I think.Mounting them is pretty easy, I make a small hole with the tip of my trusty Xacto knife, add a drop of white glue, and stick the tree in place. If one doesn't want to stand upright, I brace it by pinching the trunk with a clothespin to hold it in place until the glue dries.I made and placed about 2 dozen trees yesterday, and placed them around my most 'scenically challenged' spot. This area has several tracks passing each other in a very narrow space, so adding anything that wouldn't interfere with passing trains is a problem. But some trial and error made sure the trains can get through the plastic forest. I also like the additional depth and interest the trees lend to this little area, which looked kinda awful previously."



No comments: