Sunday, August 17, 2008

My Eldest Spawn




When he was a baby I never thought I'd ever see my oldest son on a bike with a cell phone.



When I was a kid out on my bike I saw one of our towns rich guys on a mobile phone in his car at his wifes business while I was out on my bike. Being the goofball I was, I went up and talked to him. He was more than happy to tell us how it worked and showed us the phone part which was a traditional old phone looking white receiver with a spiral cord going down to a box mounted on the floorboard. In the trunk was a unit that was big as a microwave. I think this would have actually been a radio-telephone. I thought he was almost like a movie star.



My son stopped there while I was walking the baby and talked for a minute then some girl called and he rode out of my life for the afternoon.



Soon enough the same will happen and he'll ride out of my life basically forever.

No comments: