Monday, August 11, 2008

Monday Missives



  • "Seriously, who ever approved this should have their family shot in front of them and then be forcibly drowned in the blood of their family"

  • The above is a viewer submited review from a show on Hulu.com- come on bro, were all friends here, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

  • Bernie Mac and Isacc Hayes died over the weekend.

  • Hayes was the voice of Chef from South Park, he quit when the show made fun of scientology. . "There is a place in this world for satire, but there is a time when satire ends and intolerance and bigotry towards religious beliefs of others begins," he was quoted in a press statement. The statement, however, did not directly mention Scientology. A response from Stone said that Hayes' complaints stemmed from the show's criticism of Scientology and that he "has no problem – and he's cashed plenty of checks – with our show making fun of Christians, Muslims, Mormons or Jews."Stone adds, "[We] never heard a peep out of Isaac in any way until we did Scientology. He wants a different standard for religions other than his own, and to me, that is where intolerance and bigotry begin." Stone and Parker agreed to release Hayes from his contract per his request."- Wikipedia entry for Hayes

  • It used to get on my nerves when people would say,"I can't stand hypocrites or Those people are all hypocrites." Mostly because I thought that the first statement was a given but, both were usually said to salve a conscience over checking out of their religion and in that context we're all sort of hypocrites. I think I understand a little better how true hypocrisy hurts- everyone involved.

  • I cannot stand hypocrites.

  • People got incensed at Bernie Mac over things he said at a Fundraiser for Obama. I think I would put on an extra layer of skin before listening to him tell me the time of day. All I know about the guy is he was pretty raunchy.

  • If you can belly laugh at somebody when they are making fun of every group but yours- you might be a hypocrite.

  • I'm as considerate as anybody (probably too nice for my own good actually) but, if we have to obsess about whether we might offend in everything we say or write you might as well cue the old western visual cliche' of a tumbleweed rolling across a desolate street with the only sound being the whistling of the wind and let that be the back drop of our lives.

  • Speaking of cliche's-If the people who read my posts enjoy it half as much as I do writing it, then it's all worthwhile.

PS. I'll tell you about the people in the painting above as time goes by.

No comments: