Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Wednesday's Digressions

You call it a tent. The North Face calls it Mica 1. I call it Dirtbag Castle.


  • Do a search on the question, Has anyone ever had sex in space and be amazed at the number of responses. Many people have actually contacted NASA- the official line is no and there has never been any studies conducted regarding sex in space. Many articles go into the bio mechanical difficulties and privacy issues. You also may come across some of the private ventures that are planning a private space aboard their craft so a high bidding- paying couple can be the first.
  • There have been males and females in space for months on end and in 1991 a newlywed couple on a shuttle mission together.
  • There has been sex in space.
  • When I was little boy I would fantasize about being the Rifleman's son.
  • Gooberhead I never said I was not.
  • A headline I saw earlier was to the effect, " Party of the rich may surprise you " and the supposed spoiler was that more Democrat politicians represent wealthy areas than Republicans. I would have been shocked if that were not the case- you'd have to be rich to think that way in the first place if in a position to affect policy and call yourself a Democrat.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ew. I've seen film of water and M&M's and stuff floating around in the shuttle.

Sex in space would take that to a new level.

el chupacabra said...

Hey Katy Ha, and Eeew- thanks for that mental image...

an Donalbane said...

Hmmm. I am quite the fan of The Rifleman also, but, uh, my adolescent (does it count if they lasted into my thirties?) fantasies probably tended more toward Julie Newmar's Catwoman (rowr) and to a lesser extent Yvonne Craig's Batgirl, Linda Carter's Wonder Woman, Lindsay Wagner's Jaime Sommers, and, of course, MaryAnn. Plus maybe a little crush on Joanie Cunningham.

And perhaps the ultimate hot TV chick - Barb Eden. Most of the time, she's fun and half naked. But, you know, when she starts getting on your nerves and nagging you and stuff, it's "Alright, Jeannie, get back in the bottle for now." How cool is that?

But not being Mark McCain. Though there's nothing wrong with that. I. Suppose.

Just sayin'.

EDIT: OK, maybe I would've ridden with Clayton Moore's Lone Ranger. But that woulda been weird - it was OK to have Tonto as his 'faithful companion' (man, that sounds odd in the current cultural context) - but, 'The Lone Ranger Trio'?

In 2nd grade, my mother sewed a plaid jacket for me¹. When wearing it to school, I imagined that I was Mike Mannix.

¹ To be clear, I was the one in second grade, not my mother.