Monday, April 28, 2014

Monday's Missives

The theory is that is a space ship over Washington's right shoulder. My guess is if we dug it would be found to be something much more pedestrian and possibly Bible based imagery but I'm not sure.

  • For back pain sufferers it is hard to go wrong with a high quality air mattress. Forgo the Intek brand,
    spend a little more and get a Serta. The queen size is about a 150 bucks and a thing of beauty. I first bought one for the kids to use when they came over and checked it out one day at nap time and have slept on one since. Queen frames, toppers and sheets etc. fit them like a traditional mattress. You can get them at Walmart online with free shipping.
  • I'm lightening my gear and a buddy has been scoring big on my heavier camping items. Some I give him, some I offer cheap. He hasn't turned down either.
  • I may also sell Big Agnes as my closet looks like Campmor and REI got drunk together, hooked up and then vomited their guts up in there. The vestibule to her has never even been out of the house.
  • We love the Timberline Eureka! tent. The setup is very intuitive and ventilation great.
  • The REI XT85 is a great- great large volume pack. It is like I designed it myself. 
  • The other day I stumbled on a yoochoobs playlist for Clutch. I listened for hours to them- great, great music.
  • It is quiet in the house. Everyone is asleep except for me. It is like I'm alone in the world but I know I'm not- and it is a good feeling.
  • There are green-ish logs in the fireplace I have been trying to get lit for 2 weeks now. What a mess it will be to clean it out when fireplace season is totally over. Although, if Spring is ever going to get sprung it needs to get on the stick and get it done- it is March 29, 2014 and in the mid 40s outside.
  • It is odd to me when people compliment other on having pretty eyes or nice hair when the eyes are colored contacts and the hair is extensions- so what? It isn't a matter of time spent taking care of natural hair or even good genetics. Colored contacts are popped into the eye or another persons hair or synthetic imitation is weaved into the hair after paying a lot of money the person maybe could not really afford.

No comments: