Friday, April 11, 2014

Friday's Dispatch




  • The video for Chevelles The Clincher gave me an odd flashback. I was in west Texas with a friend exploring during the Monarch Butterfly migration in an unusually dry year. We were walking in a creekbed that had some water in it and as we came around a corner there were tens of thousands of them- so many you could hear them fluttering around and if you stopped moving they would land on you since space was already short for landing areas. No video, no pictures just a couple of peoples memories.
  • From an NBC news article: " A bomb dropped during the war that never went off exploded Friday killing a construction worker and injuring eight others NBC's Brian Williams reports " Does any of the preceding sentence strike you as odd or is it just me? Although it was basically part of the byline placed after mention in the title of World War II, I'm tempted to ask, What war? but the bigger questions are, The war never went off- or the bomb ? If the bomb never went off,  I wonder what that construction workers family thinks about that.
  • NBCs Brian Williams reports on a blast caused by construction equipment detonating a World War 2 era bomb.
  • You're welcome NBC.
  • Women sometimes disparage men for wanting a woman who is, A lady on the streets and freak between the sheets. So what. That is what everybody wants. A woman wants the same thing in a man-  respectful, responsible and civil in polite company and then yeah, that proverbial freak between the sheets.
  • I learned earlier the oldest surviving cast member from Gone With The Wind died recently. Maybe I knew but forgot- that movie was made in 1939 meaning there would have been plenty of people born into slavery still alive at that time. If asked to guess I would have said it came out in the 40s and late 40s at that.
  • Somebody recently made fun of me a little too hard that an ex had a name commonly associated with being a guys name. I'm not sure exactly what is going on there but I think they might like to believe I'm a homosexual.
  • Kill me: for the past 12 hours or more that country song where the guy says, I've got some of that real good, feel good stuff under the seat of my big, black jacked up truck has been playing in a loop in my brain.
  • Really- kill me.
  • We watched Texas Chainsaw this afternoon. It was pretty fun.

No comments: