Sunday, April 27, 2014

EDGEFEST 2014

Click on the poster to go to the EDGE homepage.

  • Seth Avett's crowd surfing says it all as they say.
  • Beck stole the show- with an awesome cover of... Billie Jean. No, I'm not joking.
  • I have a dent in my nose where a crowd surfer tapped my glasses on the way over.
  • All in good fun as they say.
  • We missed Cage The Elephant as I wasn't going to give up my primo standing spot to go to the second stage.
  • It was the second time we saw Grouplove. If you get a chance to see them- take it.

    This is a pic they Tweeted. I am in the angle formed by the guitar players arm, shoulder and guitar head or possibly just below.
  • Some friends showed an hour or so after us- we never saw them.
  • There was a huge group of SMU law students there.
  • The weed everybody was smoking were what is called blunts- a hollowed out cigar with weed stuffed into it or cigar wrapped weed. It all smelled and looked exactly the same. My guess is it comes out of Colorado.
  • Multiple people were falling out or staggering away as if to die way too early for tickets that were well over 70 bucks. My educated guess is heroin but who knows these days.
  • One dude fell smooth out right in front of us. Literally- his legs folded up like he had been shot in the brain. I did get to yell, Saccurity though, so there was that.
  • He was gray as a battleship.
  • The Avett brothers were awesome as were their cello and violin players.
  • The singer for The Neighbourhood crowd surfed all the way out to the vendors area. Somebody jacked his shoe as he went by. Yikes, he had some funky smelling feet.
  • Beck said something about our mosh pit referring to is as a, mosh pot.
  • Beck's sound was incredibly well engineered and they were loud. None of the instruments were stepping on each other and his voice sounded great.
  • Somewhere I have heard to the effect, You really gotta see him live to get it.
  • I get it.
  • Well, real life starts bright and early Monday. Have a good day today.

No comments: