Monday, April 14, 2014

Monday's Missives


  • Last night (01/10/2014) started at Rio Mambo and ended at Fuzzy's. Among my fellow revelers was a 20 something macho Latino named Fabian and a 60 something oilfield worker who met his wife while doing rehab after he broke his hip. Another partay-er a 20 year old female power lifter who can lift 400+ pounds. One was a team roper back in the day before an injury (broken neck?) sidelined him.
  • I laughed until my face hurt.
  • One girl got tired of being misheard and/or ignored and used an empty paper towel roll as a megaphone to tell her stories.
  • Overheard as one girl looked at the pictures on another's phone: Uh, whats with the picture of your hand?! Oh, I was drinking that day and shot a staple into it by accident so I took a picture.
  • My kinda people.
  • Kevin is rubbing his beard and watching TV while he sings along to the music. Where is he rubbing his beard to? He's just rubbing it further down his face... Lyrics to impromptu song one of the girls sang about me.
  • (01/11/2014)  I am soaking in the tub while watching Mad Max.
  • FG is watching CMT in the living room on the home theater system I gave her for X-Mas. Today's country music is very horrible.
  • Although I generally believe the harder we work, the smarter we act and the better start we had in life- the luckier we'll be I have an old friend who is the luckiest person I've ever met. When he was young an aunt who he was very good to and helped often died leaving him 500 thousand dollars. No one knew she had anything. He was a military reenactor and after buying a gun in a pawn shop he thought was just a random battlefield bring home he paid 100 bucks for, he opened the butt stock up and found the original cleaning kit and the original paperwork including the name and address of the German soldier who carried it into battle during World War II. It was also a sniper rifle worth over a thousand dollars before he found a scope for it at a gun show for a 100 bucks. After getting a worthless degree he thought would be the hot thing for the times he found an unrelated but very good job, the only requirement for which was a degree- worthless kind or not. His hot wife was preoccupied with getting pregnant when they absolutely couldn't afford it. He tried for her sake. Predictably, she didn't get pregnant until they were making money and had insurance. Then they had 2 perfect kids- a boy and a girl one right after the other. You go to a drink machine with him, it would spit out 2 drinks and give him all his money back...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was flipping channels the other day and stopped on the country music videos station for some reason.

I was sort of shocked.

There was electronic percussion, for one thing, which I thought was a no-no in country music. And there was a sort of rap thing and an R&B thing. And one that looked like a boy band.

Apparently, the only thing that set these songs as country was the slight southern accents of the vocalists.

I didn't understand, but it's been a LONG time since I listened to any newer country stuff.

el chupacabra said...

Hey Katy- Exactly. Electronic drums. Very ggod definition. Actually, I had even posited that the only way to know is a self proclamation by the artist!

Have a great week dear