Friday, April 4, 2014

Friday's Dispatch



  • Red Dawn- caught it on Google Video recently. It has aged very well- man, it's just a good movie- not only a good depiction of the subject matter.
  • For all the actors who are still prominent still the strangest one to see so young was Charlie Sheen who played Patrick Swayzes characters younger brother and I don't know why- some others have died, some look rough for their years.
  • For years it was in The Guinness Book- for the most violent movie ever. I believe an act of violence happens every 2 minutes.
  • Rarely do I decide I want a dog and then find one- they generally find me after being dumped or we are otherwise brought together by fate.
  • What ever happened to Dog Chapman the bounty hunter? The saying, Some people are their own worst enemies was made for that guy.
  • It's ridiculous but, I hate when people discover things I loved that were at one time not so well known.
  • I want to re-read Chinua Achebe's Things Fall Apart. My last copy was given to me by an Ibu person from Nigeria.
  • Nigerians, Ungandans, Rwandans, Congolese and Sudanese- the good ones are salt of the earth.
  • An old friend dated a girl whose father was a Colonel in an SS unit during WWII. I still have a Hitler postage stamp from him. I've heard it's worth a couple of hundred bucks but, I doubt it- they made jillions so Hitler could profit from the royalties.

No comments: