Thursday, April 3, 2014

Thursday's Thoughts

I think I paid 17 dollars for this steak. As beautiful as it may be I could not have dreamed as a young man I would ever say that.

Cypress knees in the snow look out of place

Ridiculously FG put her ridiculous house shoes on me. Ridiculous.


  • I know the mouthwash commercial that says "Imagine that everyone in the world is having one big party- in your mouth." is meant to sound gross and demonstrate the absolute numbers of bacteria in a human mouth I just think they did that a little too effectively.
  • Eeew.
  • A day shift nurse from another company once gave a patient 200 mg of morphine instead of 20 before I got to the home- accordingly the patient was feeling no pain during my initial assessment. Actually, she wasn't feeling much of anything, but thankfully the massive overdose didn't finish her off.
  • Can't get the Pearl Jam song Just Breathe out of my mind today.
  • It is unbelievably humid today. How can it be this humid without actually raining?
  • Unless dehydrated when I get sweaty from being active outdoors I don't stink.
  • Earlier (12/25/2013) there was a headline about Justin Bieber announcing his retirement. He thought it was a goof- the discerning music lovers of the world thought it a beautiful Christmas miracle from heaven.  The world couldn't get that lucky.

1 comment:

an Donalbane said...

Beef - it's what's for dinner. There aren't many celebrities - basically none - that I say "I wish I was that guy." Sam Elliott is the celebrity I would like to be. Doesn't hurt that he has a hot wife.

Cypress knees! You couldn't have posted this last week, could you? Saturday walking with Daughter across the church parking lot, I pointed to and mentioned the 'knuckles' on the cypress trees next to the building. "Dad, they're called knees, not knuckles!"

Whatever.