Tuesday, April 1, 2014

On The Cellular Level



  • One of the ATCs involved in the collision between the helicopter and airplane that crashed into the Hudson killing 9 people was on the telephone with his girlfriend when the incident occurred.
  • Regardless of circumstances I won't use the telephone while I'm with a patient- because of how bad it would look.
  • I would not be surprised if actual numbers of accidents and mishaps caused by cel phone use absolutely dwarfed published reports from DOT, NTSB, insurance companies etc. 
  • I'm on the road quite a lot and there's not a single drive I make to or from a case that I don't see someone driving erratically while they are on a cell phone- especially texting.
  • The 2 times I really needed a cell phone- as in real emergencies it couldn't be found.
  • They seem to facilitate a lot of adulterous relationships.
  • I wish I had posted the prediction I made years ago reporters would start augmenting their stories with pics and vids they themselves took with their phones and start leaving cameramen behind. The cameraman will never go away completely but will become as we know them an anachronism.
  • I remember when a cel phone was over a 1000 dollars and weighed as much as a brick.
  • The phone I have chosen has a 20 megapixel camera and the plan allows for 4 Gb of storage- literally amazing.

No comments: