Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Wednesday's Digressions

Clickify to enlargenate

  • Recently after multiple queries regarding the apex of man's musical endeavors known as the 90's a younger  friendly acquaintance asked me to compile a list of bands and songs from the era. Imagine my surprise when I found it was for a playlist for the radio program she conducts for her broadcasting degree. She used my 3 page list with few additions or subtractions. Among the cool things in my life- that is one of the cooler things I have accomplished.
  • I can overlook a lot but I could never marry an HIV positive person and cannot comprehend how an HIV negative person could marry a positive one (or even have have sex together). It would be like sleeping with a live hand grenade and the pin is pulled part way out.
  • A minute ago (1727 on 04/02/2014) I did an image search under this blog name. I was surprised to find some of the images that returned were similar in composition and subject to images on the blog but I had never put them up- the search engine can take note of those parameters and reach out and find similar images on other sites.
  • Another: while attempting to send myself a product detail from a website an EMail address I have not used in years, never on this machine and in fact may have never used to order any merchandise online defaulted in auto fill as a choice for me to use.
  • After thinking some more about that last bullet I think the referenced EMail address was made up in Iraq- in 2005 to have a not well known address so it wouldn't take forever to download a bunch of spam or EMails from people I didn't want contact with (it could take 5 minutes to download an EMail you wanted).
  • In the words of the inimitable American poet and philosophizer Nikki Sixx You can't breathe until you choke. You gotta laugh when you're the joke Sixx AM- Life Is Beautiful.
  • Or, if you prefer- here it is in the manner of the acoustic

2 comments:

Capt. Schmoe said...

I freaking Gar-ron-tee the above info-graphic will be passed on as factual at least 100,000 times despite the last panel and the source of it being posted in the bottom corner.

Pretty funny if it weren't so sad.

el chupacabra said...

Ha! Yes sir Cap'n- exactly.

I weep for the species.

Have a good day.