Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wednesday's Digressions

How you know the worm has turned for you and life is going to be better for you from now on.

  • There's a big dude that walks around in our neighborhood bowed up with his fist doubled looking angry and crazy. Really, he's going to be in the news some day- I absolutely assure you. The other day he was wearing a T shirt that read, SCARY. Dude, my guess is you get lots of things wrong in this world; that is not one of them.

  • My friend is 30 years old and is in and out of EDs and doctors offices for bronchitis. This morning she was so short of breath she was fearful, gray and in a cold sweat. Yes, I know it's easy for me to say, but how can she not just throw her cigarettes in the trash and never, ever touch one again as long as she lives?

  • My mom could make epic fried chicken livers. I mean really, I can still remember what they were like and none anywhere, any time has measured up since my childhood.

  • Associated memory: she also made beef livers with onions- bleah. One day she put some in the oven to cook while were gone for a short while to the store or something. When we came home someone had come in the house and taken them- pan and all. They didn't take anything thing else in the house, but those gross, stinky livers.

  • Thank you God.

  • Thank you Mr. Thief.

  • We have some great parks in Weatherford.

  • Weekend before last at Zacs soccer game it was so brutally cold kids were flat out refusing to play. The next was spring break and the following game day they were all hot, sweaty and red faced. If we had played during spring break I guess in the first half they would have froze and in the last they all would have burst into flames.

2 comments:

an Donalbane said...

OK, I confess, it was me. I like beef/calf livers w/onions.

The trick is to soak them in milk for an hour or two before cooking.

Of course, that might still not make someone else like them...

an Donalbane said...

Not a comment to the post, but a question: Do you know of/remember a place in or around W'ford in the early '70s where people would go to ride dirt bikes?

I recall going on a trip, originating from the Irving YMCA, on a school bus, to a place in "Weatherford", to go riding motorcycles. In those days, Weatherford to me was the other side of the world. As it turned out, my Suzuki got a flat tire and I was relegated to the camp for most of the weekend.

All I really remember about the trip was that the trails were really sandy, and that we got some kids to go 'snipe hunting'. Beyond that, I don't recall if it was a Scouting event or YMCA sponsored or what.

It just popped into my head this afternoon, driving in an area W of 920, between P'ville and W'ford, that sort of reminded me of the place.