Monday, April 25, 2011

Monday's Missives

What my fantastically wealthy future wife will buy me for Christmas. Yes, it's real and functional with an 80 CI HD motor.



  • Recently the subject came up between my sister and I the number of sex offenders in our area I knew. The name of one eluded me so I went back to the WCSO site to look up his name. Another person who was a former family member had since been added to the site bringing the number to 7. That is going to happen in a place like Decatur if you are even nearly a sociable person and especially if you've worked in any type of public service I guess, but wow. (To be clear none were buddies or anything like that- I knew who they were and they would have known who I was.)


  • I would not let my children go interact with the former family members children without my direct supervision because he was and forgive me for being so technical- creepy. We watched for signs of trouble with their kids and I even tried to catch him when he could be in the act.


  • I'll offer this much: First, trust your instincts. Also, if a man is not just shy or reserved, but obviously socially retarded, impulsive, has an overbearing mother who was older at the time she had him and he lost his father early or he may even still be alive, but is a very weak person, he is known for not having any normal relationships and especially if he is known for sexual dysfunction with his adult female partner and you allow you're children around him bad things are going to happen.


  • Bleah- let's talk about something else.


  • The rotator cuff is killing me, but I guess not bad enough to break down and get it repaired. I've not heard one single good experience with that surgeries recovery period although the end result is always reported to be positive. The people who have recently related their experiences to me have all said the pain is worse than the surgeon indicates and recovery time longer.


  • You never hear bullfrogs anymore- why?


  • Zachary went bow fishing with me and my buddy the other night. Didn't see anything, but Zac got to reel the arrow in after a couple of shots into the water. On the way out he said,"I want a small bow and arrow- one for me where I can reel it and reel it."


  • We heard a huge pack of coyotes howling and yipping.


  • Yipping- is that a word?


  • We ate chicken sandwiches and baked potatos from Wendy's on the tailgate of the truck with filthy hands. Later we stood on the bank of the creek and watched the stars and blundered our way through the galaxy pointing out the odds and ends to Zac and each other we remembered from years old endeavors to learn a little astronomy.


  • And there was no place I'd rather been.

3 comments:

Doc Feelgood said...

cool story about fishing. i don't know why you're not hearing bullfrogs at your place. if the tank/lake has a lot of fish or snakes, it reduces frog population because they are predators on the little fellars. Maybe pollution?bullfrogs are still around.

name withheld said...

I agree, you have to follow your gut feelings when you get vibes from someone but there are people you would NEVER suspect who hurt and take advantage of children. Some are even pillars of their church, and I am not speaking of priests.

el chupacabra said...

Hey Doc. Thanks. Just never hear them anymore in settings I normally would and I spend a lot of time in the outdoors around water.

NW- Sadly- you are right.