Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunday Summary






  • When I quit coffee which I've done on/off throughout my life I always sleep better and generally feel better overall- other people say the same. Why do we do it to ourselves then?



  • Because it's greaaaaat!



  • When I came home a baby would have been way towards the top of the list of things I would have said I did not need. I just did not know what I needed.



  • I was hard and cold- Zachary forced me to care and be good.



  • It's the same with hospice work. I just needed a physically low impact job with a flexible schedule since I still wasn't getting around very well when I could no longer take it and knew I needed to go back to work. I did not know the difference it would make in me.



  • It's the kind of job that will eat you alive and burn you out if you just go through the motions and don't pour yourself into it. It sounds counter intuitive, but it's true.



  • If I was wealthy I would literally do it for free (better yet-cheap) with a not for profit company.



  • Everyone should have a job like that once in their life.



  • When Zac was a baby he would get in the tub with me and curl up in the crook of my arm and sleep half submerged in the water. Inevitably he would get relaxed and of course...



  • If I can drag him out of the tub where he now is shooting a water gun saying,"Put your hands up daddy!" we are off to my sisters to hunt Easter Eggs and eat too much.

  • Have a great day.

3 comments:

Doc Feelgood said...

happy Easter to you and yours.

Kathleen... said...

Zach has a great Daddy. The way you write about him is beautiful. Hope your Easter was perfect!

el chupacabra said...

Doc- Thanks.

Kathleen- Thanks. It was great- nearly perfect.