Monday, February 1, 2010

Monday's Missives

Amorita 1900- from Shorpy.com. What were you like? Were you loved? Were you happy? What was your death like? Are you remembered by your descendants? Do you have any? Maybe I would have loved you.





  • Zac and the pup are competing for my attention. Zac pushes pup back with his hands and pup leans in then pushes Zac aside with his nose. Once he thinks he has the upper hand he nips at Zac to push him back more to solidify his gains until he's pushing up against my leg.



  • Zac picked up some construction paper just now and is pretending like it's a kite.



  • The pups name is so dumb I won't even put it here and I'm not sure who named him- the neighbor girl? I still call him pup, dog, dummy or stupid.
  • Normally not much on religious music but, can't get enough of Mindy Smith performing Come To Jesus- a sweet video for a pretty song.
  • The recent friendly fire episode in Afghanistan is troublesome in my opinion and probably for reasons you haven't considered. An Afghan outpost engaged a US patrol with direct fire as it returned to base and the patrol called in an air strike killing I believe four Afghan troops. The problem? US vehicles are among the most distinctive appearing on earth- the Afghan troops simply could not have mistaken them at any hour of the day in that third world nation. Another, was the Afghan defense ministers demand that the troops responsible be prosecuted- before the smoke even cleared. This situation is bad dirty and we don't and won't know the half of it.



  • I bought some of those graphic T shirts with the dark artwork on them on sale at Kohls. One is an olive shirt with ravens swarming out of a snag of a tree. Another is red with a crumbled castle, swords stuck in the ground and I don't know what else. They were priced at 34 dollars- I paid 4.00 each.



  • Oh, here is a good time for some grooming and dress tips with Kev! Women and the business world love- simply love a well dressed man and while not all inclusive the following will help in both endeavours: think like a woman on the sales- watch when seasons are changing remember, you'll always wear long and short sleeves regardless. Can't beat Kohls especially their sales and you can't go wrong on their shirt and tie combos. Purple? Yes, occasionally if your dark skinned with black or gray pants. Pink? You're on your own brah. Your present woman will fuss over you about being in pink if that's what she wants and buy you one anyway. Never, ever let a woman have complete control of what you wear. Practice moving like you've worn a tie before- not stiff necked like you just go rear ended by a drunk driver. Khakis were good enough for Bogey- they're good enough for us. Pastels on shirts? Cautiously. Goodwill stores occasionally have great, great ties that someone obviously had no idea how great they were and are cheap- 2 or 3 dollars.



  • I could live in a motor home or houseboat without reservation and I bet with an otherwise stable, loving life it would be great for children.



  • When it snows at night after I've gone to sleep it almost always wakes me up - the light reflecting in and how quiet the world seems. When I was a boy in Decatur I walked around town half the night after a snow- just me no one else in the whole world and marvelled at how different everything seemed.



  • Now Zac is pretending a storage box is a guitar- better quit before he's on a Jerry Springer spin off someday for an episode titled I Was An Internet Orphan! and they drag me out in a wheelchair to heap abuse on my frail body and mind.

5 comments:

YM said...

I love Kohls' sales.

I've had some Come to Jesus Moments in my life, but that song wasn't one of them.

so there.

Kathleen... said...

Lol, YM!

You failed to mention that one NEVER has to pay full-price for anything at Kohl's! It's like illegal if you do. =)

Your kid sounds awesome.

Opus #6 said...

Hey, good shopping!

That pic reminds me of the Masterpiece Theater miniseries Lillie. About Lillie Langtree, a "professional beauty" and consort of the Prince of Wales (later King Edward). The professional beauties posed for photographs such as the one you showed.

She was not taken care of in her old age. That is the problem with that sort of work. No retirement benefits.

RPM said...

JC Penney has some great closeout sales. I've got several couple pairs of really nice khakis that Littlesister snagged for me dirt cheap.

SYMS and Burlington Coat Factory have some fantastic bargains, too.

Gia's Spot said...

Mindy Smith looked like a crack ho in that video, and I am heading to Kohls tonight! Need something to go with those new cowboy boots Gia bought.......