Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sick O Missives


    I love this picture and have since the first moment I saw it. so well composed it's almost like we're there- intrusive even. As I recall he was observer for an American artillery unit during the very last days of World War II and was killed by a German sniper. Sad, lonely, cold and stark are the words that come to mind. The building could very well still be standing.
  • I guess I never quite got over the crud I had a while back and it took me down again- I've been in bed for over 30 hours I just woke up soaking wet with sweat and feel better.

  • Well, except for the fact I'm soaking wet with sweat and not having showered or brushed my teeth for 30 hours and I'm sore from lying around so much.

  • Continuous play on HULU is great when you're sick except for the fact it also plays the ridiculous clips.

  • Which oddly also have sponsors.

  • Cheap rent.

  • This Better Off Ted clip brought to you by Kevin!

  • Arrested Development is great when you're sick- low key humor. It makes you smile and laugh, but not too much.

  • I worked 10 days on my last case. She's still probably going strong.

  • I'm nearly dead.

  • Really. I don't even look good. Got skinny and dark circles under my eyes. I move around like an elderly man, grabbing things for support moaning and groaning a lot.

  • Being sick used to be fun.

  • When I was a boy I craved lettuce with salt and orange juice to drink when sick. My mom would walk to the store and get them if there weren't any in the house.

  • I'm gathering John Mayer has created a crap storm over some racist comments he made? I love music and listen to all kinds and could not pick out single thing he does. I know Dave Chappelle used him in a very misguided bit on his show once.

  • Someone from Georgia was killed on the luge in Vancouver? Awful, had intended a post on my perceptions of delegations as they entered the arena on opening night.

  • People from Russia, Albania, Georgia etc. had tears streaming down their faces- shamelessly bawling. People from the western nations looked happy enough- smiling and all, but maybe entitled and not eternally thankful?

  • Anyway, the IOC has said there wasn't anything wrong with the track. Sorry, a luge jumped out of the thing and a dude was killed instantly on a giant metal pole- something is wrong with that.
  • Weakening... must- return- to- be...

7 comments:

Opus #6 said...

I hope you get well soon. Virtual Orange Juice and salted lettuce coming your way!

el chupacabra said...

Op- Thanks dear- one more reason I don't deserve a woman like you, but I'm still thankful to have you in my life! ; )

an Donalbane said...

Dude - sorry you're under the weather. Hope you get this behind you soon.

el chupacabra said...

Don- Thanks bro, I'm coming around a little. What a drag it is getting old as I believe the immortal Mick Jagger once said.

Gia's Spot said...

Chup,
Once again, no one to care for the caregiver? This seems to be reoccurring rather frequently for you.. May I suggest some IP6 Inositol to help boost that immune system a bit? Or if its viral, how about some olive leaf? both of these were suggested to me by my primary care years ago and they really seem to do the job!! Hope you heal fast, whichever method you use!
Gia

YM said...

Hope you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

I see that you haven't posted saying that all is well in your world. I hope to see that very soon. So sorry you have to go through the yucks with no one to bring you a cool rag and smooth away the sickies. Hope you feel better soon. Thinking of you.