Sunday, February 21, 2010

Back From The Brink ? Missives

This kid might be twenty.
Need a better view of what differentiates us and them? Their mind could not grasp fighting an enemy expending enormous capital to kill him then risking everything to save their life. And if they did characterize it- they would deem it weakness. AP photos of Marja offensive.



  • I think I'm back from the dead. Although I'm being very cautious in that assessment.



  • What a sweet movie Babe is- I still love sharing it with my children.



  • Toy Story is now nearly twenty years old. Billy Crystal was offered the role of Buzz Lightyear and regretted turning it down. Woody is named after real life actor Woodrow Strode.



  • He played the Ethiopian Spartacus fights to the death in the Kirk Douglas movie of the same name.



  • I'm pretty sure John Ratzenburger has still been in every Pixar film made.



  • I have no idea who Bode Miller is, but according to headlines he's "still defiant" good for you Bode, good for you.



  • I do dig the Ghanaian downhill skier Kwhame Acheampong (I hope I got that right) who is setting the Olympic world on fire after coming out of nowhere- literally as in he only learned to ski 6 years ago on artificial snow indoors on a course he worked. He is self supported, the the government of Ghana hasn't given him a nickel. He'll catch on and be a household name.



  • Sponsors- get him while he's cheap.



  • He's actually very cheap- self supported teams average spending 250,000 dollars to get to the Olympics- his team has spent 75,000.



  • I bet more Olympians regret not making a bigger deal of themselves when they had the chance looking for more money and recognition than the other way around.



  • I can't stop thinking about the US infantryman in Taliban custody captured in Afghanistan and now most certainly in Pakistan. Man, how could you have been so foolish? Anyway, I pray for you more fervently than I have for anything or anyone in a long time.



  • Including myself.



  • It's great to hear the young men in Marja say things like, "This is what we signed up for- this is great!" after tasting real blood and guts, toe to toe combat.



  • It's beautiful.



  • Don't forget, there's plenty of US soldiers as well as Marines there.



  • Most are from the 2 Infantry Division.



  • Yes, it stops me dead in my tracks when I think my son could go in two short years. Simply cannot grasp seeing him come back with that change in his eyes.



  • That's how it is though.



  • I'll just teach him everything I know, have faith in his leaders and God and let him go.



  • What else can I do?

No comments: