Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday's Dispatch

My purple hatted, one armed, giant, gay snowman is way cooler than your...






  • How pervasive is Elvis to US and in fact world culture 30 years after his death? Within 40 hours: There was an ad for new reality show If I Can Dream featuring one of his songs, I read a drug law reform article bearing his image and quotes regarding his offer to be a "special agent" to President Nixon in the drug war, I heard a song of his on Oceans 11 as someone was watching it, I heard one of his songs in the opening scene to The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull and I heard a talk show host mention his name.




  • That's a whole lotta Elvis goin' on!




  • Whole lotta love: 528 pound Romanian woman gives birth.




  • Although I don't often voluntarily feed my children fast food- when we stopped today out of necessity at Sonic I asked Zac what he wanted he said,"Um, chocolate milk and... food?"




  • The hit on the Hamas leader in Dubai is still the craziest thing I've read about in a while. Odds are Mossad did it I suppose- but lots of folks wanted that guy dead. A Hollywood writer could not have dreamed that one up I promise you.




  • I guess the dog we have now will be the one all of the children remember from their childhood and will die when my oldest son is in college.


  • My son got his pig for this years ag animal it's cute as can be it looks like a more show worthy Babe (and delicious).

  • Last interview by Larry Fine- he was already stroke affected it appears so must have been shortly before his death.

2 comments:

Opus #6 said...

I checked out the story. The obese woman needed 4 times the normal amount of anesthetic. Sounds like a dangerous operation and recovery, all because of her weight.

Anonymous said...

Cute snowman!