Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wednesday's Digressions




    One of the walking sticks I always find around the house close to winter time.




  • It's cool the dog always like to lie at my feet when I'm on the computer- except when he's all farty, and gassy and bloaty.





  • It must be the real milk his assistant put in his Frappucino Latte'





  • This morning he was over at the new neighbors house talking to the guys installing the electricals. I whistled for him and when he couldn't figure out where it was coming from I called out in a loud voice,"Hey, dummy!" causing the rather big, mean looking worker who was rolling up wire to look up at me with his best,"You talking to me ?" look.





  • Which some how came across in a Bronx accent.





  • Recently opened the outside door to a patients bedrooom to allow some fresh air in and as I opened the French door I leaned out to see what the night air felt like. As I did I fell into space and began an easily 5 feet decent to the ground. What was I thinking on the way down? Was it,"Oh man, this is going to hurt!" or"You idiot!" or even,"Why are you still holding one of the slats to their vertical blinds?" No, it was ,"Oh, so this is where the patient never got around to putting the deck he'd always wanted."




  • I landed nearly face first only more or less- kinda sorta only breaking my fall with my outstretched right hand.




  • The weirdest thing? The family never knew it happened. I crawled back in and sat down and minded my own business and worried less about fresh air than I ever have in my life for the rest of the night.

5 comments:

Opus #6 said...

Ouch. Watch out for that first step. It's a doozie!

mzchief said...

To Chupacabra...
Within a short span of time, you had two near death instances; "hey dummy" and the deckless door and remained unscathed. You are, indeed, a lucky man when it comes to cheating death.

Keep up the good work.

Ada said...

You have me laughing already this morning. Really, with the dog and the accent. Dang.

I only laughed a little about you falling and it was less about the fall and more that you were still holding on to their blinds. And then snuck back in...good stuff Chup. Good stuff.

Thanks for the morning giggle.

el chupacabra said...

Opus- Hey beautiful, yoiu're not kidding. It hurts to be dumb.

MZ- Hi my dear. You know- hadn't thought about it that way. Thanks, I'm holding my head a bit higher.

Ad Rock- Hi hotness. Glad you got a little giggle from my efforts and thanks for saying so, even if it was at my own expense!

MarmiteToasty said...

I LOVE them stick insect things, we had some in a tank that bred and we ended up with about 60 that all climbed through the tank vent and ended up all over the house :)

cripes at your fall :( hope your ok...... but you should of done a double back side twist somersault, now THAT would of been something spectaular, any old sod can just fall out a door lmfao ;)

x