Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday's Missives






  • "What scares me is having a gun pointed to my head," Gerard Butler said. "It's just you never know. Is this it? Is it going to be over before I even knew it was about to begin?" From an AP article asking celebs what they fear. I can't imagine where/when the Scottish lawyer turned actor would have encountered so much gun play however- I did note on IMDB that during his first role in Coriolanus he got poked in the eye with a wooden stake during rehearsal.


  • I have a case that I took care of some time ago- he improved too much to keep on continuous care. He has declined and is in bad shape so I'll pick him up again tomorrow. Don't know yet if he's cognizant but, I'm curious to see if he'll remember me- we hit off real well the last time.


  • My patient I was to care for tonight died before he got the privilege.


  • Getting to love Community- Joel McHale is great and of course Chevy Chase is legend although, I don't know how long you can string out a sit com with a community college setting.

  • The crew building the house next door have asked to use my electricity for the rest of the afternoon. I said,"Yes" foolishly- since there is probably some anti electricity loaning clause in my policy, the house will burn to the ground and insurance won't have to pay.

  • Oh, and one of the guys will burn his hand trying to put the fire out and sue my rear end off.

  • Can't tell you how many times folks have said to the effect to me,"My mom/grandmother (take your pick) has smoked for years and it never seems to bother her!" as I'm looking right at the person they're speaking of whose color looks gray as a mouse and it's all they can do to get air through their pursed lips after only going to the toilet and back.

  • We'll believe whatever we want to believe.


4 comments:

Opus #6 said...

Your patient's story reminds me what I overheard when I was at the funeral home in Chicago in December. One of the morticians was on the phone with a friend and he said, "What??? You're 'dying' to see me??? DON'T SAY THAT!!!"

an Donalbane said...

And it cures Canker Sours!

Nah, give me a Whiskey Sour instead...

mzchief said...

If smoking cigarettes eliminates "foul breath" the US should, based on what cigarette smoke smells like, investigate using, as a biological weapon, the breath of smokers prior to their lighting up a cigarette. How could ANYONE have been sooooo bloody moronic to have EVER believed that inhaling the smoke from burning plant material ever be anything but toxic?

It amazes me that the human race ever made it out of caves.

Now that EVERYONE has been made aware, for the past 45 years, of the dangers of smoking, it would be so nice, if tobacco companies, as a public service, could be required to include an additive in their cancer sticks that would render, sterile, all smokers. Hey! It could be considered a way for tobacco companies to give back to the community by cleaning up the gene pool...*;)

Yep! That is just one more reason I will NEVER get to be in charge....*LOL*

Anonymous said...

Yes, MZ. Good plan. Shall we also render sterile overweight people, those who abuse prescription drugs, women who wear too much makeup and/or perfume, idiots who text while driving, Nascar drivers and their pit crews?

Well, as you can see the list is going to get pretty long after everyone gets a chance to deny someone else's freedom. Freedom was never meant to be free to only do what others think is right. It has to be a little more inclusive for it to work.

What do you plan on naming your new utopia? I think "Myanmar" is alreadt taken. As is "Brave New World"